Monday, November 20, 2017

#birthdaybaptism

WOW WOW WOW, WHAT A WEEK!!!!!

First of all, Elder Keetch came and did a mission tour, which was AWESOME! I want to share all of my insights and thoughts about what he shared, but then it ended up into my own little general conference talk and I don't have time for that. I will share one little story though:

Elder and Sister Keetch went up to Northern California after all of the fires and they said that there was nothing left of some homes.....just ashes. However, they found a small pot that had survived the flames that was just sitting in the middle of ashes. Why had the pot survived when everything inside the house disintegrated? Because pottery goes through the kiln, it has already been through the heat so therefore it was able to withstand the raging flames when they came. The refiner's fire, this kiln, not only shapes us into something beautiful but it PREPARES us for bigger flames to come.

"For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction." 2 Nephi 20:10

So there's my spiritual nugget for the week. My birthday was AWESOME!! We did four hours of service in the morning and the Ga*** kids were baptized! It was an incredible baptism service.....I felt the Spirit stronger than I ever had at a baptism. We were able to do a musical number at the end with the parents and we sang "Mas cerca, dios, de ti" and there were very few dry eyes in the room. I love this family SO MUCH. I told them the other day that I am planning on coming back when Diana gets married and sealed in the temple and when Daniel leaves for his mission. (He said he wants to serve in Mexico (': )

Oh how I love this work. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world than here.

Three Geneations

Diana and Daniel

Big 20

I hit ten months, what is going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment