Monday, November 13, 2017

The Bittersweet Lagrimas

Ummm....Uh......I don't even know what happened this week. Honestly, the highlight had to have been the Primary program. This little girl sang a solo of the "When I am baptized"  and got emotional in the middle of it and I don't think there was a dry eye in the room. SO GOOD. Plus, we had the most attendance our ward has had in THREE years with a solid 140. It's incredible because last year they were averaging in the seventies for attendance. The ward is growing and strengthening and it's incredible to be a part of it.

Update on the Familia Ga***....we had a really tough lesson this week. [edited for privacy] That was the most heartbreaking moment of my whole mission. I have never loved a family more than I love the Familia Ga*** and at the same time I have never working with someone SO elect and prepared with a stronger desire to be baptized. I cried. I cried a whole darn lot. Then what got me even more was when the hermano told me, "Even if I'm never baptized in your church I am dying in your church. I know that this is the true church."

Words couldn't even describe that moment.....sitting on their couch in tears and hearing those words. Conversion is such a beautiful gift. While I am devastated that it may take months or years until they are baptized, I know that nothing will keep them from the fruit they have tasted. I know that miracles will happen and that he and his wife will eventually be baptized and then sealed together for time and all eternity. And I can't wait to be supporting them through each and every step and trial.

Also, there is like a 70% chance that their kids will be baptized this Saturday!!! So we may still be having a #baptismbirthday. Tune in next week to see what will happen with the Familia Ga***! Here's a picture of us from the Halloween activity because it's the only one we have with them :)



Also, for those of you who don't know, Corona was on my bucket list of places to serve in the mission because a) it's as close to Corina as you can get and b) corona means crown soooooooooooooo what more could you want? So of course I had to snag a picture with something that said Corona.




No comments:

Post a Comment