Monday, January 1, 2018

My Comp Is Pretty Hot...





....literally. Yeah, she had a fever, amongst other things, for half of the week. Although she wanted me to include figuratively as well. :')  We were commanded to bunker-in Friday-Sunday. Luckily, another Sister was also sick on Saturday so we did sick exchanges. So it has been a very slow week. Her comfort food was definitely a pan of brownies I made.





The holidays were great! It was so good to call home and see their faces and hear their voices! Man, I sure do love those guys. We spent Christmas eve at the Flo***'s where we ate a LOT of tamales. We opened presents at the Ga***'s house which was awesome!



I think the neatest ting that has happened this past week was our appointment with the Familia Ga*** on Saturday. the coolest part of Hno Ga***'s conversion has been watching his prayers develop. When we first met him, he was praying to Jesus. The next lesson we shared some scriptures about prayer and how we pray to Heavenly Father and END in the name of Jesus Christ. And the next time he prayed, he changed!! Well, ever since then he has prayed correctly, but in the beginning he would always say this big elaborate intro. The same one every time. Kind of like,"Dios Padre. Dios en los cielos. Dios tan misericordioso......" Which like, he was addressing Heavenly Father but it was very.....elaborate. He has been doing that for MONTHS. In this lesson we were all kneeling down and he offered the closing prayer and he started with a simple, "Querido Padre Celestial" and continued with his prayer. I WAS SO SHOCKED. We were on sick exchanges, so when Sister Wilson and I got to Prado View's apartments I told Hermana Sorensen what happened and started tearing up! I know it doesn't seem like the biggest news anyone has every heard, but for me it was the world. Nothing brings me more joy than watching the people I  love become more and more converted to living the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Love y'all!

Hermana Tonini

No comments:

Post a Comment