Monday, February 5, 2018

4:1

So yes, the ratio of dogs to humans that we see in Anza is 4:1! But I love it! I am truly learning how to appreciate when there is someone outside of their house and how to boldly catch their attention from across their large yard. We do a ton of walking....and we have a goal to walk ALL of Anza. Even if it is half a mile between two houses. We want to find those lost sheep and give them the opportunity to know the gospel. 

We are working with two incredible people. Samantha is perfect in every way and is already in Jacob. Her understanding of the Book of Mormon is fantastic...and I can see she is truly developing a love for it! We just have a few more lessons and then making sure everything is golden for her baptism on March 4! We are also working with George who has such a desire to change! When we met with him, he had stopped drinking for four days!!! It was really neat, because a week before I came out here, I decided to start the addiction recovery program because we were working with a guy In Corona who was a big smoker. I wanted to be able to know how hard it is to stop a bad habit so I would have more patience, love, and advice for him. Well, I lasted about a week until it was transfer Saturday and we went and got ice cream....but I learned an important lesson: yes, I relapsed but that doesn't mean I can't do it. It just means I need to go a little bit longer and try a little harder next time. So it was really neat to share that experience with George! Sis Bryant is doing it with me and we made a pact with George that we are going to overcome our addictions together and keep each other accountable. 

Also, Idyllwild is beautiful with huge pine cones. 
 


Love y'all!!! 

Hermana Tonini

No comments:

Post a Comment