Monday, February 19, 2018

Adventure Time

Shall we start with yesterday?

We woke up on a beautiful Sunday morning to find our truck has a flat tire. So we had to get up and get our truck to the little bitty car place here in Anza at 8:30 to get our tire patched up. But before we could do that, we accidentally locked ourselves out of our trailer. And the keys to the house also have the keys to the truck. And it was 34 degrees. Luckily, we went to the main office and the guy was there and was able to lend us the spare! What a guy. But we got to see snow and hail this morning, so that was fun!!! Who woulda thought you'd see that in SoCal?

We were able to find four new investigators this week which was a miracle!!! One of them is a part member family, and he speaks Spanish!! We left him and his less-active wife an invitation to read in the Book of Mormon together, so we are excited to see where things go!!!!

Also, we were seeking with faith in Idyllwild when we contacted this lady who was getting firewood from off her porch. We talked for a little bit, asked if we could share a message with her and she kindly declined. Well, my companion asked if we could at least leave her something she could read and she said yes! So she said she would meet us out on her front door. Well, when we got there, I opened the Book of Mormon - I already had in my hands Moroni 10 - and was giving a little introduction and about to start reading the verses when she stopped me by asking, "Do y'all want to come inside? If you're going to read, come on inside because it's cold out there." We were then able to teach her the Restoration! We went from a "No thanks" to giving her the opportunity to know the restored gospel....all because of the Book of Mormon! This is why we are asked to utilize it in EVERY teaching opportunity, because there is power in the Book of Mormon!

I love the Book of Mormon with all of my heart. It is not only the key to the conversion of those I teach but to mine as well. I knew the Book of Mormon was true before I came out here, but I didn't gain a love for it until I became a missionary. I love the Lord and I love this work.

Hermana Tonini



P.S. Our sweet Gypsie Peterson is heading out to Washington for her mission this week! Also, where the heck is the time going?

No comments:

Post a Comment