Monday, May 14, 2018

Buncha Billy Hillies

WHAT A BUSY WEEK. Can you be out of breath from finishing a week? Because that's how I feel.

So we ran into Juan while we were seeking with fe near his house, and he tried using a word that I taught him in English: Hillbillies.

"You know...up here...all of us are a bunch of billy hillies."

I love that guy.

Then Tuesday was a crazy day in Idyllwild...we legit did a home visit at 9:30 in the morning. That was a first for sure.

Wednesday we had the best lesson we have ever had with Juan!! He is now on date for July 1st! He told us he felt dumb when he went to church with the Sisters before us because he couldn't sing the hymns so he wanted us to practice with him...so we spent THIRTY MINUTES of him reading the hymn, then I would read the hymn so we could follow along, and then we would sing a couple of verses for him.....we were willing to do whatever it would take to get him to church and HE DIDN'T COME 💔. But the other thirty minutes were super powerful and the Spirit was super strong!

That same day we also did a home visit, our first Facebook lesson EVER and it was with Hector, and a less active visit. FOUR LESSONS IN ONE DAY. Which is really actually a normal thing but not for Anza. We are lucky if we get one lesson a day here...

Thursday we did our food group service and pony service AND weekly planning so that shot the whole day.

We had interviews and exchanges on Friday. So, it's looking like a 50/50 chance that I am staying or going for my last transfer. One hermana is leaving and none are coming in....so he will either have to take me down or make a trio. But if he takes me out then there is a domino effect and he will have to change a lot of other things. So, transfers are a mystery once again. I know and have faith that the Lord will let me finish my mission where he needs me the most.

Saturday we had zero set appointments besides a home visit late that night so we just walked for three hours and talked to 3 people.

Mother's Day was SO GOOD. We spent it with the Merc*** Family. We do FHE/home visit with them every week becaue they don't have kids and we temporarily don't have parents. So it was nice to spend time with our "mom". Calling home was so good! You know, I told myself I wasn't allowed to freak out about going home until Mother's Day. I freaked out a little after knowing my itinerary but now my freak out day is pushed to July 4th and now I will go back to being in denial.

OH AND HECTOR CAME TO CHURCH. I was so happy!!! He is progressing!

Whew. I think that's it. I love y'all and thanks for your prayers and support!

Hermana Tonini


P.S. we got roses from the branch even though we aren't mothers? #win

No comments:

Post a Comment