Monday, July 9, 2018

Watermelon Shenanigans

SOOOOOOO, HERE ARE THE HIGHLIGHTS:

Fourth of July lived up to the one we had last year. We did lots of watermelon shenanigans that I shall not disclose in this email....but I can say that one of them including putting rubber bands around them until they exploded. Just like last year! :') we also did water balloon volleyball....until Elder Gregory broke the net and we went crazy having a water balloon fight. It was perfect!! I spent the Fourth with ALMOST all of the people I love...what more could I ask?

That day we also ate with the Gonza*** fam X2 and took a cute pic since Ivette and her mom left for Mexico and won't be back until after we are all gone.


I GOT TO GO TO THE TEMPLE WITH RUBEN!!!!!! It was incredible! We taught Ruben during my training and he is so incredible! It was the perfect way to end the mission, by going with your convert to the temple. To see him in the Celestial room....wow. Like, words can't even describe it. Lots of tears were shed, if that helps.



On Monday we found the cutest fam ever!!! The two sobrinas just came from Guatemala...four months ago....on their own. They are only 16 and 17 years old. Their story is INCREDIBLE!!!! We are going to teach them not only the gospel but English as well! One of them had a smile on her face the WHOLE LESSON. It was so cute!!

I had my last exchange this week....and it was awesome! Sister McDaniel is the sweetest thing ever and we got to have a lesson with this guy who legit had a whole notepad filled with things to bash us with/questions to ask. Thank heavens for the Spirit that lead and guided us in that lesson! She killed it in there!

I finished all of My Plan this week. I had to do the dating and marriage section and I wanted to barf. Just kidding, it wasn't too bad.

We also had MLC and it was really neat because all of the members of MLC that are going home were put on a panel and we were asked questions about the role of faith on our mission. Then, at the end, we gave our 2 minute advice for all of the leaders in MLC who are staying behind. And I only limited myself to two slices of pizza, are you proud of me Dad? #1weektosexy

Tanya went to the Book of Mormon class on Friday and Mayra, her sister, came to church! Our area hasn't had someone to church for a couple of transfers now...so that was a miracle!

Sunday....oh man...Mayra was sitting between both of us and we BOTH FELL ASLEEP DURING SACRAMENT MEETING. Having two comps that are going home together is not a good idea...we are so exhausted! But we also both love working hard, so that is what we are going to do: FINISH STRONG.

Well, email is being dumb, so I will send the pics on a separate email. Love y'all! I will be sending my last email next Monday, so stay tuned!

Hermana Tonini

No comments:

Post a Comment