Monday, August 7, 2017

The Myth. The Legend. The Tonini.

Soooooo, I made some slightly bad decisions this week. Actually, just one. I decided to try one of the Teno***'s food challenges. This family does crazy food challenges for the missionaries and one of them is the burger challenge. They make a SIX POUND BURGER.
Plus a pound of fries on the side. Obviously, I am not that dumb, so we all signed up to do the half-burger challenge. So, it's still a three pound burger and half a pound of fries. That burger was my Everest. I brought pride to my family's name and FINISHED THE CHALLENGE. Elder Whiting was the only other person who could finish it with me. AKA, I beat out three other Elders. It was so hard. And I won't even get into what went on an hour later after our lesson with Vicky Teno***, our recent convert, after dinner. Luckily, we had time to make it back to the apartment. My favorite comment was from Elder Dew, "You looked so happy in all of my pictures I took, but you definitely were NOT this happy."
#struggles


Update on the family we are teaching:

So we had two lessons with them this week, and all they have left is diezmo (tithing)! We taught Palabra de Sabiduria (Word of Wisdom) and Ley de Castidad with them. Law of Chastity was definitely tricky because we had three different age groups in the family, but we somehow made it all work! Karly, the mom, is being a champ! Her daughter's third birthday was yesterday and she told us she put BYOB (bring your own beer) because she won't buy beer anymore!! She also said she went to a restaurant the other day and looked at all of her options, remembered what we taught her, and decided to just play it safe and get water!! They read in the kid's Book of Mormon every night as a family and Karly told us one night when they were watching a movie, Penelope, the three-year old, brought the children's Book of Mormon up to her and said, "Mom, can we read the Book of Mormon?" AHHHHH! <333333 Now, we are just trying to get the mom and the fourteen-year old into the actual Book of Mormon because they aren't going to gain a super strong testimony of it by reading the kid one.

We saw a lot of miracles this week, and it was really good. Last night Monserrat had her interview and she was FOUND WORTHY TO BE BAPTIZED. So there will be a baptism this Sunday! Our whole zone almost is baptizing this Sunday. Four companionship are for sure baptizing, and I think there will be a couple more. Let the battle for the font begin!

Our cutie member, Hermana Beru*** surprised us by making us skirts, so of course we wore them to church to show them off! Our members in the Nuevo Ward are INCREDIBLE.




I love y'all, keep working hard out there, k?

Love,
Hermana Tonini the 3 lb Burger Champion

P.S. I gained all of the weight that I lost back this week so don't worry, I am going on a diet for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment