Monday, March 27, 2017

Companions, Corn and Cookies

HOLY MOLY.

We got to emailing late, so I have like eight minutes to write this.

Ready. Set. Go.


I GOT TO SEE HERMANA HARPER THIS WEEK! We had a trainer training meeting and so I got to see her and I definitely cried a little. Maybe a lot. Also, that was the longest day of my mission. I have never been so exhausted in my whole life.

I tried pupusas at a member's house this week, and they are SO GOOD. Also I tried elote at La Micochana. It's that corn from Nacho Libre that has mayo and cheese and chile.....SO GOOD. It has been my lifelong dream to try that corn, and it was everything I ever imagined. "Get that corn outta my face!" I love that movie.

Oh also, I got a package from Aunt Sheryl and Grandma and in it were homemade cookies from Grandma! I tried to take a selfie and my comp photobombed it. That cookies were def gone in one day, thanks to the many Elders we ran into that day. Gotta love cookies from Grandma.

So the coolest thing this week was Maria Rebatet. She came to General Women's Conference, and she hasn't even been to church yet? She came! And then the next day she came to church! I know this doesn't seem very significant, but I felt so much joy and bliss when I saw her at church. Like, indescribable joy. I have never felt that much happiness before. And all she did was go to conference. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.

Also, at service this week we were playing checkers with this old man and he asked if we could play strip checkers instead? Then apologized for being a "dirty old man"? I had to take a little lap in my seat because I was laughing so hard.

We finally got in with the Sanchez's this week. They didn't come to church this Sunday, but Hermano is really trying hard to quit smoking, so that is awesome!!

Women's Conference was incredible. Totally an answer to my prayers. I can't wait for conference this week!!!

We paused both of the Rios families this week...which is hard but if they aren't progressing and going to church, then we have to move on and find the elect.

I love you all so very much! We have Multi-Zone this week and our days are already filled this week, so pray that I will have the strength and energy to make it through the week.

Sister Tonini
California Riverside Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment