Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?

GUESS WHERE MY FIRST AREA IS?? HEMET, CA! That's where my brother's in-laws live and I was here for the wedding reception. My ZLs go out with Justin Powell all the time!! I haven't seen them yet though...and I don't know if I really will.

My new companion is Hermana Chandler. She is...different from Hermana Harper. She is very strict with rules and I kind of feel like I can never do anything right with her. We have  some fun moments, but other than that....I don't know. I am learning patience and humility that's for sure. Also the Spanish is impossible. I am really struggling to speak the language. What is really difficult is not being able to understand what my investigators are saying. I can't help them if I can't understand them. It's getting a little bit better, but it's hard. This is the hardest thing I have ever done. It's hard enough teaching in English, but to do it in another language? Also, I didn't get to email the past two weeks and our Pday got switched to today because we had interviews yesterday, which means I have barely any time to write everyone.

OKAY I'M DONE BEING NEGATIVE NOW.

So, I only have time to share about two of our investigators. The Rios family is so so so dear to my heart already. The fourteen-year old daughter, Aisel, has such a big heart, and every time I see her I can just see how much the gospel can bless her life. Then the other family is the Sanchez family. The mom is a member but we can't find her records from Mexico so she is going to have to get baptized again. They have an inactive and a member daughter. The two of them are SO FUNNY. It's always a hoot, and last night I understood about half of what was going on, so that's a start. I really hope the Rios family gets baptized, but we aren't sure how much of a desire they have. The Sanchez parents get baptized in like...a weekish!! I am so excited that they will be my first baptism!

We have already had a family drop us, which was hard.

So here, we don't knock on doors. We do Buscando con Fe, which means we walk down the streets and talk to people outside. On my first day, we and one guy who said he would talk to us again since we aren't Jehovah's Witness or Mormons. And then proceeded to lift up his shirt to show us all of his scars and bullet wounds. Rad.

Also we have an investigator named Carlos Albanaz, but he can't get baptized because he is on probation, which is super hard. In one, week he read 100 pages in the Book of Mormon!! Like, he wants to be baptized so bad, but he can't! Hopefully he can be baptized sometime while I am on my mission!

OH MY SUNDAY. So I bore my testimony and afterwards Hermana Conchita went and got super emotional. And as she was walking from he pulpit, she passed out!!! An ambulance came and everything!

I love being a missionary. It is hard but so so so rewarding. I have felt the Spirit so many times this week and I am just constantly learning. I am trying to be bold, because when I am, I see the blessings.

Sister Tonini
California Riverside Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment