Monday, October 23, 2017

HUMP DAY

So....I had a very long week. A LOT of rough patches. However, I am not here to complain. So instead, I am going to share a cool experience we had this week.

So, this week I had so many cool experiences when I was able to follow a prompting form the Holy Ghost and was able to see blessings. So, we had a ward activity on Saturday and therefore we just didn't have time to eat dinner. It was almost 8 and we went to stop by our investigator who ended up being sick so we lucked out there. However, we have a potential across the street from them. We hadn't even planned on seeing them.

Spirit: Their gate is unlocked for once so you can actually go in.
Me: But Spirit, I am hungry and we have Jack-in-the-Box coupons
Spirit: Stop walking to your car and go knock on the door.
Me: But Spirit....it's 8:00....I am hungry..
Spirit: JUST GO KNOCK ON THE DOOR.

So we did...we knocked on the door and a really nice man opened the door. However, his family wasn't home so we made a return apt for next week :)

We walked back to the car and I told Hna Sorensen about my debate with the Spirit (it happens a lot....He always wins.) We were in Home Gardens which is like Tia Juana and it has ZERO street lights so it is always dark and slightly sketchy. I was on such a spiritual high that I looked up towards the heaven and said, "Heavenly Father you ARE really there. You really DO answer every child's prayer. THE SPIRIT IS AWESOME. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!"

And then I heard some giggling from a house across the street from where our car was parked.

Whoops.

Well, I love being a missionary even through the hardships. I know the refiner's fire is real and that I am becoming stronger and stronger every day. I can't believe that I am already more than halfway done...there is still so much to do and so much more to become. I am excited to see what the next nine months have in store for me :)

Hermana Tonini


I don't know if you remember...but Hna Harper and I took a picture together with our trainers at the trainer/trainee mtg.....so of course we had to remake the photo :)
















Nine more to go!













We got to celebrate turning nine months together!

No comments:

Post a Comment