Monday, October 9, 2017

Ummm...uh.....

I feel like ever since training started I can't remember anything that happens in the week. Like, I know we did a crap ton of stuff but it just flies by so fast I can't keep up. Sorry my emails aren't going to be much the following ten weeks!

We did have Stake Conference this week and I wanted to share what the ward mission leader from the Corona shared:

He talked about how he tried having a gospel conversation every week and shared his experiences:

"The Gospel is such a big part of our lives, yet when people ask about our lives, we bypass right by it.

"Did I ask him if he wanted a BOM? No. did I ask him if we wanted to get baptized? No. But I shared a bit of the gospel.

"We don't have to make missionary work so difficult.

"Think of your routine. Who would be open to having a conversation deeper than the scores of the last football game? Prayerfully prepare for them and find out how you can squeeze something about the gospel and the church into a conversation with them this week."

I really want to implement this when I get home. You don't just have to invite people to meet with the missionaries. Just sharing bits of your life like about ward camp-outs...or Scouts....or how you watched General Conference last weekend....sharing the Gospel becomes so much easier! I regret not letting people know about my beliefs back home. When they eventually found out I was a member, there shock made me feel so guilty. People in my life would go MONTHS before knowing I was a member of the Church. Just sharing parts of our life that include the gospel is such an easier way :)

This week was just filled with us still trying to meet all of the investigators...picking up new ones...and trying to meet families in the ward. Poco a poco we will somewhat be able to breathe.

OH! I went back to Moreno Valley for Destiny's baptism! I was so honored to give the talk on baptism and the Holy Ghost and of course started crying at the end. That day had been the end (and beginning) of a very long journey. I am so proud of this girl and everything she has done.





Love my little nugget. After this picture I said, "I love you dude." And she went, "I'm not a dude, I'm a girl!"





Hermana Ber*** did not send me home empty handed, but with lactose-free horchata <3








I LOVE MY GIRLS <3









Love,
Hermana Tonini

No comments:

Post a Comment