Monday, June 18, 2018

Dumpster Diving

Another week? Already?

Well, we are doing better with each week. We got one more than we found last week and we have one more on date as well! We found a family, which was a miracle! We only had like fifteen minutes to seek one day and we found Luis in just that amount of time! We than went back again on Friday, picked up his daughter Denise and invited Luis to be baptized!!

I had my exit interview this week and it wrecked me. We got Krispe Creme afterwards. I'm okay...I think.

We had LOTS of adventures this week from dumpster diving to find the Hermanas' baptism programs that someone threw out, not realizing we left the mission until we saw a building that said Murrietta (I was not driving), and having to jump start the Hermanas' car because it decided to die right before leaving for church.

We did seven hours of service, so it's a miracle we even did proselyting.

Honestly, a lot more happened buuuuuuuut I can't even remember what I had for dinner last night, not to mention what happened this week. We saw miracles, we worked hard, and we put our trust in the Lord.

I am going to be a missionary forever....but when I realize that it isn't the truth, I get anxiety in my belly. I used to talk about my plans when I get home with excitement and longing and now, I just don't want to think or talk about it. All I want to do is serve. I've never been good with goodbyes. They wreck me. And saying goodbye to the mission is going to be the hardest one of my life.

BUT, I have four weeks left so I'm going to stop crying about it, get some dirt in my shoes, pound the streets and get lost in the work.

Con amor,
Hermana Tonini

No comments:

Post a Comment