Monday, June 11, 2018

PACHANGA

Well, my last first week went as fast as it came. This week was nuts. My baby's name is Hermana  Flores! She is from Texas but she grew up in Temecula which is like just around the river bend from here. Legit, there is a guy in our ward that went to high school with her? Pobrecita. But yeah, she's visa-waiting for Costa Rica and it's so weird that we will be leaving together. It kind of makes it hard because we want to work so hard but by the time we finally get to know the members and less-active and investigators that the Elders were working with, we will be leaving. Kind of the buns, but we are up for the challenge! She has some serious greenie fire and is keeping me on my toes! She's so cute!!

I also had my first MLC which wasn't as bad or scary as I thought it would be. I learned a lot and finally got to partake of the infamous MLC pizza!

We also saw a miracle! So we had um...like two hours of prosyleting this week. The first hour we had, we talked to the first man we saw and he let us teach him! So in like one of the only hours we had, we were able to find an investigator!! The other hour we had was teaching our investigator Guillermo! He was straight up like, yeah, the Elders invited me to be baptized. But I don't want to be baptized. Can't I just go to your church and not have to be baptized? NO. Just kidding, I didn't say that. But we taught and testified of the doctrine and by the end when we talked about his baptism date, he was good with it! It was cool to see his heart soften in such a short time! He said he was going to church.....but he didnt... #missionarylife

ALSO, THE GA*** CLAN WAS BAPTIZED YESTERDAY AHHHHHHHH. I cried like a baby it was SO GOOD. It ended up being a two- hour baptism service because the whole Ga*** family bore their testimony at the end and Daniel cried so hard he started hiccuping! Hermana Ga*** said in hers, "Cuando fui bautizada sentí...no tengo palabras para explicarlo...sentí...pues, LUZ." ["When I was baptized, I felt...I don't have words to explain it..I felt...well...LIGHT."]  All of us missionaries sang Asombro Me Da and I couldn't even sing because I was so overwhelmed by the Spirit. I think that's the first time I have sobbed in....months. So I was still a wreck when I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost afterwards. Then, we had a PACHANGA and Hermano Ga*** played the song he wrote for Sorensen and me for all of us missionaries. It was just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment